Support adults with disabilities today!
At Toward Independence, we help adults with disabilities to live the best life possible. That includes funding awesome trips and experiences that they couldn't experience otherwise, and financially supporting them when they cannot afford it themselves.
Our Development Fund is a general fund that we use to provide for client needs. 100% of all donations to Toward Independence are put into the Development Fund, which we use as a resource to fulfill our mission. Help us fund client needs through 2021 by making a donation. You will be making a direct impact in the life of a person with disabilities!
In 2020, we were able to fund:
- A zoo trip for clients in Montgomery County.
- Relief from unforeseen medical expenses for multiple clients.
- New clothes and shoes for clients who were unable to afford them.
- A citizenship payment for a client who emigrated to the US from abroad.
- The creation of Mary's Closet, a charity clothing resource for clients to pick out new and gently used clothing.
- A two-week hotel stay for a client that was evicted from his apartment.
- Technology and accessibility programs.
- And much more!